I decided to tackle the bug that I was having with 3D audio. In the process, I ended up dumping XAudio2, which was just behaving very badly and had a lot of DX9 bloat. I switched to OpenAl, which I’ve had success with in the past. I was able to successfully get it up and running this morning with multiple 3D positional sound sources.
All that remains to do before releasing a version for people to try is to add some more hooks for the various sound and listener parameters. I’ll do that tonight and I’ll consider releasing a new Omega Core in the next day or so.
Once again, a little prayer went a long way to solving the issues I was facing. God is awesome.